The Department of Tourism of Chersonissos has decided to honor its repeat, loyal visitors, as well as those who choose the Municipality of Chersonissos to marry, by offering them a "Local Passport", thus making them symbolic (unofficial) its citizens. However, this “passport” will also have a useful status for its holders as it is linked to a loyalty program that offers discounts, special offers and other benefits to its holders, in collaboration with local businesses and organizations. Already many businesses, hotels, transport companies, TAXI, Chersonissos Commercial Association, Heraklion County Apartments Association "FILOXENIA", Heraklion Hotel Association, etc. have declared their involvement as supporters of this new venture of the tourism mayoralty. Passport holders of the Municipality of Chersonissos will be informed by the website of the Tourism Department “landofexperiences.gr”, where a special section has already been created for the companies participating in the program with their contact details (address, telephone, e-mail), as well as details about the various offers by each business.
The purpose of the Tourism Department is to make all these loyal friends of our municipality holding this "passport" in their hands, with their photo and information, to feel that Chersonissos Municipality truly recognizes these feelings and appreciates their dedication. That they are considered equal to permanent residents of the area.
We would like to thank our famous local artist, Mr. Roussetos Panagiotakis for offering his magnificent work "Port of Hersonissos, 4th century BC" - "Vritomartis and Filonides", to decorate the passport, as well as the person who did all the graphic design Mrs. Maria Christakis.
Procedure for obtaining a "Local Passport"
- The "Local Passport" is given automatically, if they wish so, to all couples who have a civil marriage in the Municipality of Chersonissos.
- The "Local Passport" is given after an official written proposal of a local businessman (hotelier, restaurateur, etc.) verifying that the guest is coming to our municipality, longer than ten years.
In order to obtain a Local Passport, the visitor must provide evidence of his / her visits to the Municipality of Chersonissos.
• Passport visas
• Hotel reservations
• Airplane boarding cards or transition tickets
• Travel insurance
• Any other document proving residence in the Municipality of Chersonissos
Repeat Visitor Ranks:
• Gold, over 20 times or 15 consecutive years
• Silver, over 15 times or 10 consecutive years
• Bronze, over 10 times or 7 consecutive years