According to tradition, the church of St. Basil was built on the spot where the icon of the saint was found. In the late 19th century, there was a high mortality rate in male children in the area. After the discovery of the icon and the building of the church, the mortality rate decreased.
The church is single-nave, barrel vaulted, with a stone aedicule that reads the date 1884. Inside, it is stone built up to the middle, while, on the arch, there is a supporting arc with finials. The iconostasis is built-in and is decorated with the icons of Vrefokratoussa (Infant Holder), Pantocrator (Almighty) and St. Basil.
Architecture: single-nave barrel vaulted
Dating: around 1884
Location: Charasso village – just before the entrance to the village
Celebration: 1st January
Visit Options: Open
No street view available at Google maps.