The Deputy Mayor for Tourism of the Municipality of Chersonissos,
in collaboration with the
are organizing a
DIGITAL PHOTO CONTEST
«Municipality of Chersonissos – Holidays’ memories»
The Deputy Mayor for Tourism of the Municipality of Chersonissos invites visitors to share their wonderful experiences in our place during their holidays in the past. To look up at the archive of their photos and choose the ones that bring back the lovely moments they experienced at the famous coastal line and the beautiful hinterland with our picturesque traditional villages.
Photos can be submitted in one or both categories:
June 30th 2020
Α. Artistic photo
Gold medal: 2 nights at the luxury hotel Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa 5 * (adults only) stellaisland.gr Between 01/07/20 to 31/10/20 in a luxury pool view room on half board basis upon availability
Silver medal: 2 days at Aldemar Knossos Royal Hotel (5 * Beach Resort) Aldemar Knossos Royal (5* Beach Resort) www.aldemarknossosroyal.gr
Bronze medal: Ktima Paspatis, a meal for 6 persons www.ktimapaspati.gr
Praise : Saradari fish restaurant, lunch of 50€ value www.saradari.com
Β. Commemorative photo
Gold medal: 2 days at Elysium Boutique Hotel Analipsi www.elysium-beach.gr
Silver medal: Axinos Mediterranean Cuisine & Sushi Restaurant, lunch for 2 persons (50€ value) facebook.com/axinosrestaurant/
Bronze medal: Yacht Food Lounge Cafe on Gouves beach, lunch for 4 persons www.facebook.com/Yacht.Restaurant.Cafe/
TERMS AND PROCEDURE OF CONTEST
- Each amateur or professional photographer can participate in this contest (Free participation.)
- Images submitted have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
- In case that photograph depicts persons unknowingly or without their approval, the responsibility is on the photographer.
- Each participant will be able to submit up to five (5) photos per category.
- Photos should be up to 50cm. X 70cm., in 300dpi resolution, in jpg
file and will be sent by wetransfer using the e-mail of the Tourism Office of the Municipality of Chersonissos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The photos will be accompanied by an application form to be valid.
- The name of each photo file will consist of the name of the creator, A for Artistic and B for Commemorative photo and a number 1-5. For example, the files of the photos submitted into category "Artistic photography" will have to be named of the format: papadakis-giorgos-A1 to A5 and for the category "Commemorative photography" papadakis-giorgos-B1 to B5.
- The results will be announced on Tuesday, July 21st, 2020, at the website of the Tourist Department of the Municipality of Chersonissos www.landofexperiences.gr and will be published in Greek media. Winners will be notified by e-mail of the prize they will receive and will need to contact the company offering the prize to make a reservation either for the stay or for the meal.
- The photos that will be distinguished will remain in the Tourism Mayoralty of the Municipality of Chersonissos and can be used for any non-profit purpose, in digital and printed material of the Municipality of Chersonissos always with the reference of the name of the creator. They will also be posted on the page of the Tourism Mayoralty of the Municipality of Chersonissos on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/chersonissos/.
- Place and time for the awards will be announced.
- Any unforeseen circumstances that may arise during the contest will
be regulated by a decision of the Deputy Mayor for Tourism. If the issue refers to the photo contest, it will be resolved by the Jury Committee.
- The decisions of the Jury Committee are final and irrevocable.
- For the category of artistic photography, the evaluation will be done by a Jury Committee appointed by the Hellenic Photographic Society of Crete.
- The Commemorative Photo category will be judged by votes of Facebook users. The photos of this category will be posted on a public photo album on the page of the Tourism Mayoralty of the Municipality of Chersonissos on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/chersonissos/ and the voting will last from Friday July 3rd, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. until Monday July 20 at 12:00 a.m.
- Participation in the contest implies unconditional acceptance by the contestant of all the terms of the contest.